Friday, March 16, 2012

A Bowlful of Pom-Poms

 
I've got crocus all over my yard right now.  Purple and yellow and white.  Spring might actually be here!  The weekend is supposed to be sunny and warm - I can't wait!!

It's been a busy couple of weeks around here, and as such, not much sewing - or blogging for that matter - has gotten done.  The girls and I have a few of the Clover pom-pom makers and when we have a few minutes, it's been fun to wrap some yarn.  It can be a little addicting, though!

I have no idea what we will make with all of these.  I was sort of toying around with the idea of a bunting of sorts that we could use at birthdays and parties.  We'll have to see.  I saw that Clover also makes a heart shaped maker - how in the world does that work?!?  I have to admit when the tool came out, I was a little skeptical.  I mean, really, it is pretty easy to just wrap yarn around a circle of cardboard to make a pom-pom.  But, I am admittedly a convert now.  We have them in three sizes.  The extra large one is great, and makes some impressive pom-poms, but it takes quite a lot of yarn!  If nothing else, they are fun to use!

Hope it's getting warm in your neighborhood, too!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment