Monday, March 5, 2012

Gardening Thoughts


With all this warm winter weather we've had, I am looking forward to doing some spring time planting in my little garden space.  Truth be told, it's really more of a container space.  Last year was our first summer in this house, and some of my tiny garden didn't do as well as I hoped.  This year, I am hoping to learn from last year and improve my results.  I have a lot of shade, so I'm going to need to move my containers around to best maximize the sun.  I'm currently on the lookout for some great make-do planters at the thrift store.  
I have found some great ideas at Life on the Balcony.  I like to have some flowers too, but buying a couple flats of annuals can be pretty pricey.  I usually wait until they are marked down, but then I don't always get the largest plants and they just never seem to quite catch up in size.  I don't have the space, or enough sunlight, inside to start my own seedlings, so I'm trying to come up with a solution.  Any ideas?  

Happy springtime dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment